What is CCNP?
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is one of the important certifications that Cisco offers. CCNP is a broader term that entails several variations or tracks that professionals can opt in order to earn a CCNP in their field of expertise. The given diagram will give you an explicit idea of the CCNP position in Cisco Certification program and also the various tracks of CCNP can be well understood through this diagram.
How to Prepare for CCNP Certification ?
First of you all you need to decide which CCNP track you want to pursue. The details of each CCNP certification track such as prerequisites, associated exams and short overview of each track are given below.
1.CCNP Routing and Switching : CCNP Routing and switching certification is to document your abilities required for planning, implementation and troubleshooting a wide-area enterprise as well as the local network. A valid CCNA Routing and Switching certification acts as a prerequisite for CCNP.
- 300-101 ROUTE (Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE))
- 300-135 TSHOOT (Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT))
- 300-115 SWITCH (Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH))
2. CCNP Collaboration: The Cisco CCNP Collaboration certification is a job-role focused training and certification program that will expand your skills and ability to deliver business value. CCIE certification and CCNA Collaboration certification acts as prerequisites of CCNP Collaboration.
- 300-085 CAPPS (Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications (CAPPS))
- 300-075 CIPTV2 (Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 2 (CIPTV2))
- 300-070 CIPTV1 (Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1))
- 300-080 CTCOLLAB (Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications (CAPPS))
3. CCNP Data Center: CCNP Data Center certification is a job – role- focused training and certification program and the prerequisites for this certification include CCNA Data Center and Cisco CCIE Certification.
- 642-996 DCUFD (Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD))
- 642-998 DCUCD ( Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCD))
- 642-999 DCUCI (Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI))
- 642-997 DCUFI (Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI))
- 642-980 DCUFT (Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFT))
- 642-035 DCUCT ( Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCT) )
4. CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Professional Certification is for senior analysts, senior principal system engineers and network design engineers. Valid CCNA Routing and Switching, and CCDA or CCIE certification acts like a prerequisite to get CCDP.
- 300-101 ROUTE (Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE v2.0))
- 642-813 SWITCH (Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH v1.0))
- 300-115 SWITCH (Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH v2.0))
- 642-874 ARCH ( Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH))
5. CCNP Security: Cisco Certified Network Professional Security Certification program is designed for the professionals designated as Cisco Network Security Engineer who is responsible for security in networking devices and appliances, routers and switches. CCIE certification and CCNA Security certification is to act as a prerequisite for CCNA Security.
- 300-207 SITCS (Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS))
- 300-209 SIMOS (Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS))
- 300-206 SENS ( Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS))
- 300-208 SISAS (Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS))
6. CCNP Service Provider: Cisco Certified Network Professional Service Provider is for the Service Provider Network Engineers, Network Specialists, Systems Engineers. Valid Cisco CCIE Certification or Valid Cisco CCNA Service provider or Valid Cisco CCNA Service Provider or Valid Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching along with one CCIP passed exam from BSCI, QOS, BGP, BGP+MPLS, ROUTE.
- 642-889 SPEDGE ( Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE))
- 642-887 SPCORE (Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE))
- 642-885 SPADVROUTE (Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Routing (SPADVROUTE))
- 642-883 SPROUTE ( Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE))
7. CCNP Wireless: Cisco Certified Network Professional wireless certification addresses the needs for designing, operating and implementing the Cisco Wireless Networks and mobility infrastructures. A valid CCIE Certification and valid Cisco CCNA Wireless act as a prerequisite for CCNP Wireless certification. certification.
- 642-732 CUWSS (Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey (CUWSS))
- 642-742 IUWVN (Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Voice Networks (IUWVN))
- 642-747 IUWMS (Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Mobility Services (IUWMS))
- 642-737 IAUWS (Implementing Advanced Cisco Unified Wireless Security (IAUWS))
8. CCNP Voice: Cisco Certified Network Professional Voice certification is to document the knowledge and skills required for integration of underlying network architectures. CCNA Voice, CCNA Video and valid CCIE Certification act as a prerequisite of CCNP Voice.
- 642-467 CAPPS (Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications (CAPPS ))
- 642-427 TVOICE (Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications (TVOICE ))
- 642-457 CIPT2 (Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2 ))
- 642-447 CIPT1 (Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1 ))
- 642-437 CVOICE (Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE ))
Last date to take all these exams is October 20, 2015.
In order to prepare well for CCNP Certification seeking the help from certified professionals and get assistance of credible study guides. Practice exams are of great help for students to do the perfect preparation as these practice exams give a very clear idea of exam pattern and of important topics to be included in the exam. Practice exams help you to do the analysis of your preparation in order to know how well you are prepared for the real exam and by this way you reduce your chances of failure in the exam. Practice exams enhance your success chances and save your time as well as money. Let’s have a look at free demo of CCNP Practice exams right now!